SUTTON BY DOVER PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a meeting in Studdal Church Hall on Tuesday 5th April
at 7.30 pm
1. Present and apologies for absence
Parish Councillors: Simon Butcher (Chairman)
Graeme Akhurst (Vice-chairman)
Kent County Councillor: Steve Manion
Dover District Councillor: Nick Kenton
Parish Clerk: Veronica Harrop
Apologies for absence: None
Members of the public: Chris Richardson and Barbara Odell
2. Approval of the minutes of the last meeting (5th April 2011): Graeme
proposed & seconded by Hugh, and, approved by all who were present.
Anne and Graham abstained as they were not present.
3. Declarations of interest: None
4. Visitors: Barbara mentioned the state of Studdal phone box which is very
dirty and some glass needs replacing. BT to be contacted by the clerk.
5. Local Planning: DOV/11/00189 Vicarage Farm, West Langdon, Dover
Location: Erection of single storey & rear extensions & a front
porch extension (existing porch to be demolished)
Proposed by Ron, seconded by Simon and all agreed.
6. Post Office Investment Account: The account to be closed and existing
monies to be placed in the Parish Council’s Nat West bank account under
the name of ‘Youth Fund’. Ron proposed, Ray seconded and all agree.
7. HMRC Guidance for Parish Clerks: An employment pack to be phone
8. Rural Roundup: Supporting grant to the magazine. It was decided to
grant £100 pounds to Rural Roundup magazine. Ron proposed, Graham
seconded (Graeme abstained) the other councillors agreed.
9. Parish Council correspondent for Rural Roundup: Ron will be the
correspondent for the Parish Council information.
10. V Fast: It was proposed that KCC was contacted in determing on how
money left from the Vfast account should be accounted for.
This was proposed by Graham seconded by Graeme and all agreed.
11. Electronic planning notices: In view of the planning notices to be
delivered by email in the near future it will be necessary to purchase
an A3 photo copier. The clerk to get price quotes for this.
12. Circulation of Parish mail: It was decided to circulate parish mail
by email rather than hard copies when possible.
13. APM & AGM: The 10th May at 7pm is the date set for the APM with
a council meeting at 7.15 followed by the AGM at 8pm. The title for
the APM will be ‘New Waste Service’.
14. Finance: Cheques were signed for by Hugh & Graeme.
Proposed by Graham seconded by Graeme and all agreed.
KCC 17.50 (rent for allotment)
KALC 266.88 (subscription for membership)
Clerks wages 296.16
Clerks expenses 30.00 (expenses & petrol)
15. Allotments, Memorial Gdns, Playing field and BMX track:
The kissing gate and gate are now in place in the playing field.
The lettering on the memorial stone in the garden needs repainting
so a stone mason will be contacted for price quotes.
The BMX track will be checked by Simon for April.
16. A tender for 2011 given by Colin Stokes for the playing field cost
£341.25 Ron proposed seconded by Graham all agreed.
Tender for 2011 given by Colin Stokes for cleaning Alec Seeths seat
Cost £180 Ron proposed Anne seconded all agreed.
17. Any other business/matters to report:
It was with regret that the council received the resignation of two of it’s
councillors, Anne Nayes and Ray Odell. Simon gave thanks to them for
the sometimes challenging work they given towards the council and
its parish. The council invited Anne and Ray to the July council meeting
for a formal ‘thank you’.
Anne said she was happy to continue with updating the parish website.
18. Date of next meeting: Tuesday 10th May starting at 7pm – AGM
Council meeting – 7.15 pm
APM 8.00 pm
Meeting closed at 9.45pm