SUTTON BY DOVER PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of a meeting in Studdal Church Hall on Tuesday 10th May at 7.15 pm
1. Present and apologies for absence:
Parish Councillors: Simon Butcher (Chairman)
Graeme Akhurst (Vice-chairman)
Kent County Councillor: Steve Manion
Dover District Councillor: Nick Kenton
Parish Clerk: Veronica Harrop
Apologies for absence: Graham Smith
Members of the public: Chris Richardson, Olive Foreman, Mrs Riddell, Mrs Crascall,
Carolyn Clews, Nick Kenton and Steve Manion.
2. Approval of the minutes of the last meeting (5th April 2011): Graeme proposed,
seconded by Hugh, and, approved by all who were present.
3. Declarations of interest: none
4. Visitors: No business comments at this meeting
5. Local Planning:
DOV/11/00263 – Wingleton Farmhouse, Sutton
Proposal: Erection of two storey side extension and detached
car port (existing garage to be demolished). Proposed by Hugh, seconded by Graeme
and all agreed on positive action
TC/11.00031 – The Cabin, Church Hill, Sutton
Proposal: Crown lift three sycamores to 4 metres, crown reduce one
Yew by up to 20% to balance the tree. Proposed approval of action by Simon,
seconded by Ron and all agreed.
6. Mc Cabe Ford William was the accountant chosen by the Parish Council to manage
the Clerk’s payroll. Proposed by Simon, seconded by Grame, all in favour. Clerk to
contact Mc Cabe Ford William.
7. Vfast: Contact to be made with KCC to determine on the return of money to them
which has been left over from the Vfast account.
8. A3 photocopier: to be determined at the June meeting.
9. Finance: Clerks wages 236.93
Evergreen 393.75 (grass cutting, tidy shrubs)
Rural Roundup 100.00 (supporting grant)
Evergreen 170.00 (Jacks bush shrub cutting)
Kent County Playing fields Assoc. 10.00 (Annual subscription)
Simon proposed the signing of the cheques, seconded by Graeme all agreed.
Hugh and Ron signed cheques.
10.Payment for Sue Smith – to be put on next Agenda
11. Allotments, Memorial Gds. Playing field and BMX track
Playing field insurance – to be put on next Agenda
Cleverly & Spencer (Stone Masons) – contacted to repaint inscription on ‘Herald of
Free Enterprise’ memorial stone. Ron proposed, seconded by Hugh all agree to this
Memorial seat on corner of Downs Close – Colin Stokes to give quote on repairing
and oiling woodwork
BMX track was checked by Simon for April
12. Any other business: none
13. Date of next meeting: Tuesday 7th June – meeting finished at 7.43 pm