October 2011 minutes

 

SUTTON BY DOVER PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a meeting held in Studdal Church Hall on Tues. 4th October at 7.30pm.

1. Present and apologies for absence:

Parish Councillors: Simon Butcher (Chairman)

Graeme Akhurst (Vice-chairman)

Carolyn Clews

Sarah Doolin

Hugh Densham

Ron Little

Graham Smith

Kent County Councillor: Steve Manion

Dover District Councillor: Nick Kenton

Parish Clerk: Veronica Harrop

Apologies for absence:

Members of the public: Chris Richardson

2. Approval of the minutes of the last meeting (6th Sept 2011):Graeme approved,

seconded by Simon and all approved.

3. Declaration of interest: None.

4. Matters arising: None

5. Visitors: Simon asked Chris if she had any news on the shop opening in Studdal.

Unfortunately Chris had no information.

Nick informed the Council that the new bin system was working quite successfully

and that food collection was also proceeding effectively. He added that Sutton Parish

should have its new bins by the end of November.

Steve informed the meeting that he is hoping that West & North Kent Councils will

follow the new bin system.

Simon asked Steve about the ‘free’ 1 Ton sack of salt from KCC. Steve said to

contact the ‘Highways’ dept.( Parish Clerk to do this).

6. Playing Field: Carolyn informed the councillors on how she was proceeding with

with the designating of the PF. To the Queen Elizabeth 11 Association. To gain

approval with the association it is essential that parishioners of the parish are kept

informed of proceedings so that they can support this venture. With this in aim a

notice is to be put in the Rural Roundup magazine. Carolyn will write the article

and Graeme will understudy it before it goes to press. Flyers will also be delivered

house to house in the parish.

7. Vfast: Vfast to be contacted and send return written confirmation that the Vfast

installation paid for by KCC grant, through the parish council, has now been stopped.

The written conformation will be an acknowledgment of receipt following the

phone conversation with the Parish Clerk.

?

8. Local Planning: DOV/11/00765 – ‘Chimneys’, Strakers Hill, East Studdal.

Proposal: Change of use of garage to habitable room.

Ron proposed, seconded by Hugh and all councillors agree on the change of use.

9. Little Mongeham Road Signs: Graeme is to contact ‘Highways’ about road signs at

Little Mongeham that are missing or damaged. Simon proposed seconded by Sarah

and all Councillors agreed on this action.

10. Finance:

Clerks wages 236.96

Clerks expenses 20.00

Evergreen 361.25 (Sept-cut grass PF. Jacks Bush, BMX track & Mem. Gds)

Audit Commission 162.00 (Audit Commission of yearly accounts)

Playsafety Ltd. 151.20 (Annual inspection of PF)

HMRC 117.60 (Tax of Clerks wages)

DDC 115.80 (Parish Election 2011)

Graeme and Graham signed cheques. Ron proposed seconded by Simon and all agreed.

 

11. Allotments, Memorial Gds. Playing Field and BMX track:

Ron said that the fruit trees in the allotment needed pruning. It was suggested by the

Council that Ron asked Joe if he could do the pruning and to give the Council a

quote for the job.

Simon suggested that the Memorial Stone in the Memorial Gds was raised off

the ground so that it was more visible. As the Ivy tree needs cutting back above the

grit box at Jacks Bush, Simon asked if we might get ‘Evergreen’ to do this.

12. Any other business/matters to discuss:

Clerk to contact ‘Highways’ informing them that road signs need replacing on

Strakers Hill. The 30mph sign and Studdal sign. Also give way signs at end of

Stoneheap Rd. and sheep and cow signs missing from Homestead Lane & Roman Rd.

Mr Duncan to be contacted to ascertain the whereabouts of litter strewn about fields,

and what type of litter, on which he informed the Parish council about.

Clerk to contact DDC Planning for an update on ‘Warcott Lodge’, Roman Rd.

13. Date of next meeting: 1st November 2011. Meeting finished at 9.05pm.