SUTTON BY DOVER PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting held in Studdal Church Hall on Tuesday 4th December 2012
1. Present and apologies for absence:
Simon Butcher (Chairman)
Graeme Akhurst (Vice-chairman)
Kent County Councillor: Steve Manion
Dover District Councillor: Nick Kenton
Parish Clerk: Veronica Harrop
Apologies for absence: None
Members of the public: Mrs C. Richardson, Mrs L. Tully, Mrs B. Odell and Mr C.
2. Approval of the minutes of the last meeting: Graeme proposed, Sarah seconded and all
Councillors approved of the resolution to accept the minutes of the last meeting.
3. Declarations of interest: None.
4. Matters arising: Hugh said he had received the 1 Ton of free road salt from KCC.
5. Visitors: The question was raised by the visitors as to whether it was legal to advertise
retail meat, on the side of a lorry, from a field next to the road. Would this be
covered by planning consent? DDC planning office are to be contacted on this matter.
Chris mentioned that waste vegetable matter dumped in the field along Stoneheap
Road was very unsightly and close to the road.
Steve said he was pleased that the new ’Little Mongeham’ sign had been put in place.
Graeme thanked Steve for having instigated the sign.
Nick said that several small businesses had shown an interest in the Pfizer’s
development. It was hoped that they would move their businesses there.
Nick also mentioned that the new 215 enforcement notice was now in force. Some
house owners in certain areas of Dover had been asked by DDC to tidy up their
house premises, gardens and rubbish in a pilot scheme to tidy up the town. If the
owners do not comply a 215 enforcement notice would be served.
Ron asked if the school bus situation could be put on January’s Agenda.
6. Correspondence: None
7. Precept 2013/14: To be put on January’s Agenda.
Clerks wages 236.96 (1x months wage)
Clerks expenses 20.00 (1x months expenses)
HMRC 177.80 (tax on wages)
Joe Stroud 350.00 (Orchard grass cutting for 1 year)
Graeme and Hugh signed the cheques.
Sarah proposed, Graeme seconded and all councillors agreed to the above payments
9. Allotments, Memorial Garden, Playing Field and BMX track:
Colin Stokes is to give a quote on cutting the hedge around the Playing Field as
it is encroaching on the edge of the field.
10. Any other matter/business to discuss:
To present the plans for Sutton House and swimming pool at the next meeting.
11. Date of next meeting: Tuesday 8th January 2013 – meeting finished at 8.30pm.